When and Where
The next Fire On The Rim is September 14, 2019! Here are the latest updates on all the events.
Interactive map for location of all Fire on the Rim Events (northwest corner of Bradshaw Dr and Old County Road, Pine AZ)
What’s On for 2019?
- Team Tents – Now you can enjoy the shade of your own popup tent for your group or team, right in the center of the action! We’ve set aside some great spots near the finish line. A 10’x10′ can be yours for the day for only $50. Reserve your spot early!
- Venue Area – Watch the finish line in front of bandstand and enjoy the music stage in an area with room to set up chairs
- Course improvements
- Silent Auction returns with more great baskets and offerings than ever before.
- Outdoor Game Area – more fun things to do
- Kids Race – Check out the information and a new signup form
Live music is back this year on the Fire on the Rim Stage.
You can find free camping in Tonto National Forest areas within a short bike ride of the venue. Again, it’s very important to clean up after yourself.
General Schedule of Events
- 5:00 PM Beer Garden Opens • Italian Feast • Silent Auction start
- 6:00 PM Late Registration • Packet pickup / Check in • Live Music
- 7:00 PM Live Music
- 8:00 PM Registration Closes
- 6:00 AM Late Registration • Packet pickup/Check in • Food Wagons Open
- 7:15 AM Registration Closes
- 7:30 AM 45 MILE RACE Start
- 7:45 AM 30 MILE RACE Start
- 8:00 AM 15 MILE RACE Start
- 11:00AM Beer Garden Opens
- 1:00 PM Awards Ceremony
- 2:00 PM Kids Race Start
- 2:30 PM Silent Auction Close
- 9:00AM Ride new sections of trail
About the Race Course
Course Notes and Pre-Ride Dates
The complete course will be marked and open to for pre-rides on dates to be announced. Start and finish is at on Bradshaw Drive west of Old County Road in Pine, where all the events are happening (see map above).
- A section of the course on top of Strawberry Mountain is private ranch land and will be open ONLY for the pre-ride dates and the race. To ride most of the course at any other time, you can bypass the private land by taking FR 428 (Hardscrabble) all the way to Fossil Creek Rd and turning right into Strawberry. With a map of Strawberry you can pick the course back up at the corner of Fuller & Ralls Rd. You can even backtrack up the mountain from there to the ranch fence to pre-ride the downhill. Otherwise just continue on toward Hwy 87 and head south to the Strawberry Trailhead for the single track.
- Pre-rides are not part of the organized event; it’s an opportunity for individuals to review the race course on their own. Riders assume complete liability for their own safety.
Food and Drink
Join us 5-8pm Friday evening September 14 for an Italian feast provided by THAT Brewery. Follow the delicious smells at the event center to red barn of the Mary Ellen Randall Horse Arena (corner of of Old County Road and Bradshaw in Pine). Tickets are $15 on on sale weekends now through the race form our friendly volunteers set up in front of the Ponderosa Market.
On Race Day (Saturday) we have a lot of options to satisfy the hunger and thirst for racers and race supporters — see the current list of vendors to see what food you can count on enjoying as you watch the racers.
Our Title Sponsor, THAT Brewery, will sponsor the beer garden again this year.
Be sure to sample the phenomenal local THAT brews on tap, and don’t forget – you can contribute to the Arizona Trail from the comfort of the beer garden just by purchasing an Arizona Trail Ale a portion of all sales of this beer are donate to the Arizona Trails Association)!
Kids Kamp will be back this year during the race on Saturday from 6:30 am to 2 pm! While you race worry-free, your kids will get to play games, do crafts, read stories, and eat lunch under the watch of child care specialists.
The fee for Kids Kamp is $10 per child. You can sign up along with your race registration or you can sign up the day of the race.The fee for Kids Kamp is $10 per child. You can sign up along with your race registration or you can sign up the day of the race.
Note: if your child requires constant one on one care or has separation anxiety, please realize that you may need to be present during Kids Kamp or make additional arrangements.
But Wait, There’s More!
The silent auction will be back as well as the bike raffle. For a preview see the gallery of items auctioned last year, which raised $9000 for fire prevention efforts, thanks to all of our donors
And yes kids and adults, we will be running again the popular Fire on the Rim Kids Race .
The perfect way to end your weekend in Pine / Strawberry is to get in one last ride in the cool forests of the Rim Country. And the perfect ride is to check out all the trail work that’s been going on in the Pine Strawberry area. There’s a newly redone loop designed with bikes in mind. And wait till you ride the new downhill section of Pine Canyon Trail – it’s CRAZY fun!! Location to meet up will be posted.
Got brilliant ideas or want to volunteer for the event? Contact us!
If you are interested in FOTR, riding the race, volunteering, or being part of the event itself, or have any other questions, please use our contact form. You can also email us directly: