When and Where
The Next Fire On The Rim is September 17, 2016. Hope to see you there.
Interactive map for location of all Fire on the Rim Events (6000 Bradshaw Dr, Pine AZ)
General Schedule of Events
- 12:00 PM Campsite Opens
- 4:00 PM Beer Garden Opens
- 5:00 PM Italian Feast • Silent Auction start
- 6:00 PM Late Registration • Packet pickup / Check in • Live Music
- 8:00 PM Registration Closes
- 6:00 AM Late Registration • Packet pickup/Check in • Food Wagons Open
- 7:30 AM Registration Closes
- 7:30 AM 45 MILE RACE Start
- 7:45 AM 30 MILE RACE Start
- 8:00 AM 15 MILE RACE Start
- 11:00AM Beer Garden Opens
- 2:00 PM Kids Race Start • Live Music
- 2:30 PM Awards Ceremony • Bike Raffle drawing • Silent Auction end
- 6:00 PM Live Music
- 9:00AM Ride new sections of trail
- 3:00 PM Campsite Closes
About the Race Course
The course will be open for pre-rides 2 weeks before race. Exact dates will be announced.
The start and finish is at 6000 Bradshaw Dr in Pine, where all the event locations are happening (see map above)
- A section of the course on top of Strawberry Mountain is private ranch land and will be open ONLY for the pre-ride dates and the race. To ride most of the course at any other time, you can bypass the private land by taking FR 428 (Hardscrabble) all the way to Fossil Creek Rd and turning right into Strawberry. With a map of Strawberry you can pick the course back up at the corner of Fuller & Ralls Rd. You can even backtrack up the mountain from there to the ranch fence to preride the downhill. Otherwise just continue on toward Hwy 87 and head south to the Strawberry Trailhead for the singletrack.
- Pre-rides are not part of the organized event; it’s an opportunity for individuals to review the race course on their own. Riders assume complete liability for their own safety.
Camp for the Weekend
Camping is available at the event venue right across the road from the new start/finish at the Mary Ellen Randall Arena. There is no cost for camping on the private land donated for use in this event, so we ask you to be especially considerate in appreciation of this by cleaning up after yourself.
Campgrounds open at noon on Friday before the race, and you will be directed where to park. Tent and car camping is directly across from the venue with RV parking on the other side of the venue. No hookups or dumping is available. Restrooms are on site for your use, free showers are a short bike ride away at Pine Elementary School and 24 hour security is provided.
There is also free camping available in the Tonto National Forest within a short bike ride of the venue area. Again, it’s very important to clean up after yourself.
Plan to camp at the venue for the weekend and enjoy all the pre and post race activities without the hassle of having to drive. Pine is a gateway community to the Arizona Trail, just a short distance from your campground, and many restaurants, facilities and shops are all within walking distance. Park your car and spend your down time enjoying the cool mountain air and exploring what the small town of Pine has to offer.
Food and Drink
We are totally stoked to be able to offer another outstanding Italian Feast on Friday evening created especially for you by, in our humble opinion, the most talented Italian chef in Arizona! Chef Gerardo Moceri, who apprenticed in Venice and has worked in restaurants all over Italy, brings the real deal to Fire on the Rim. Cost is $10 a plate for race participants and a portion of the proceeds go to wildfire prevention and trail development in the Pine Strawberry fuel break. The meal is also available to nonparticipants – and it’s oh so worth it!
Bright and early the next morning, grab a hearty breakfast from one of the vendors on site. On tap to satisfy your appetite will be a variety of food choices.
Our Title Sponsor, THAT Brewery, will sponsor the beer garden this year.
Be sure to sample the phenomenal local brews on tap, and don’t forget – you can contribute to the Arizona Trail from the comfort of the beer garden just by purchasing an Arizona Trail Ale a portion of all sales of this beer are donate to the Arizona Trails Association)!
Live music will be available Friday and Saturday – stay tuned for a complete lineup!
Kids Kamp will be open this year during the race on Saturday from 7 am to 2 pm! In Kids Kamp your kids are entertained and provided for while you race worry free. Certified child care specialists will make sure your kids have a great time with tons of fun activities, lunch and snacks.
The fee is (per child) $10. Even if you’re not racing you can sign your kids up for Kids Kamp and take advantage of some down time for yourself. If you’d like to sign up you can do it along with your registration or you can sign up the day of the race.
Note: if your child requires constant one on one care or has separation anxiety, please realize that you may need to be present during Kids Kamp or make additional arrangements.
If you have thoughts or suggestions we’d love to hear from you via our contact form.
But Wait, There’s More!
A Silent Auction of many wonderful items donated by local businesses will start at 5 pm on Friday evening and end after the raffle drawing at 2:00 Saturday. Be sure to take a look at these great offerings from our community and get your bid in! Learn more about this year’s Silent Auction…
Raffle tickets for our bikes will be on sale before and during the race.
The All NEW Fire on the Rim Kids Race was an AWESOME race for the kids last year! New course, new categories, brand new race! And we hope to have last year’s title sponsor back to work his magic again for 2016!!! This is a free event and you can sign up at Kids Kamp in the barn before the race. Good luck!
The perfect way to end your weekend in Pine / Strawberry is to get in one last ride in the cool forests of the Rim Country. And the perfect ride is to check out all the trail work that’s been going on in the Pine Strawberry area. There’s a newly redone loop designed with bikes in mind. And wait till you ride the new downhill section of Pine Canyon Trail – it’s CRAZY fun!! Location to meet up will be posted.
Got brilliant ideas or want to volunteer for the event? Contact us!
If you are interested in FOTR, riding the race, volunteering, or being part of the event itself, or have any other questions, please use our contact form. You can also email us directly: