When and Where
The next Fire On The Rim is September 16, 2017. Stay tuned here for information in all the events for this year's race.
Interactive map for location of all Fire on the Rim Events (northwest corner of Bradshaw Dr and Old County Road, Pine AZ)
What’s New for 2017?
Stay tuned as the plans develop. We have plans for new food providers, vendors, music and more.
General Schedule of Events
- 12:00 PM Campsite Opens
- 4:00 PM Beer Garden Opens
- 5:00 PM Italian Feast • Silent Auction start
- 6:00 PM Late Registration • Packet pickup / Check in • Live Music
- 8:00 PM Registration Closes
- 6:00 AM Late Registration • Packet pickup/Check in • Food Wagons Open
- 7:15 AM Registration Closes
- 7:30 AM 45 MILE RACE Start
- 7:45 AM 30 MILE RACE Start
- 8:00 AM 15 MILE RACE Start
- 11:00AM Beer Garden Opens
- 2:00 PM Kids Race Start • Live Music
- 2:30 PM Awards Ceremony • Bike Raffle drawing • Silent Auction closes
- 6:00 PM Live Music • Live Music
- 9:00AM Ride new sections of trail
- 3:00 PM Campsite Closes
If you are interested in becoming a featured race partner, please contact us.
About the Race Course
Course Notes and Pre-Ride Dates
Like previous years the course will be open for pre-rides on weekends in late August and early September. The start and finish is at on Bradshaw Drive west of Old County Road in Pine, where all the event locations are happening (see map above).
- A section of the course on top of Strawberry Mountain is private ranch land and will be open ONLY for the pre-ride dates and the race. To ride most of the course at any other time, you can bypass the private land by taking FR 428 (Hardscrabble) all the way to Fossil Creek Rd and turning right into Strawberry. With a map of Strawberry you can pick the course back up at the corner of Fuller & Ralls Rd. You can even backtrack up the mountain from there to the ranch fence to pre-ride the downhill. Otherwise just continue on toward Hwy 87 and head south to the Strawberry Trailhead for the single track.
- Pre-rides are not part of the organized event; it’s an opportunity for individuals to review the race course on their own. Riders assume complete liability for their own safety.
Food and Drink
Expect again a fabulous dinner on Friday evening with a new food provider. We will let you know soon who it is, but count on it being GOOD.
On Race Day (Saturday) we have a lot of options to satisfy hunger than thirst for racers and race supporters. Definitely count on for 2017
Our Title Sponsor, THAT Brewery, not only will sponsor the beer garden this year but is also bringing goodies from their kitchen- including burgers, brats, chili, and breakfast burritos.
Be sure to sample the phenomenal local THAT brews on tap, and don’t forget – you can contribute to the Arizona Trail from the comfort of the beer garden just by purchasing an Arizona Trail Ale a portion of all sales of this beer are donate to the Arizona Trails Association)!
More food vendors will be announced as we get closer to the event.
Live music will be available Friday and Saturday featuring a new lineup of bands.
Kids Kamp will be back this year during the race on Saturday from 6:30 am to 2 pm! While you race worry-free, your kids will get to play games, do crafts, read stories, and eat lunch under the watch of child care specialists. Details will be added here.
But Wait, There’s More!
The silent auction will be back as well as the bike raffle. For a preview see the gallery of items auctioned last year, which raised $7700 for fire prevention efforts, thanks to all of our donors
And yes kids and adults, we will be running again the popular Fire on the Rim Kids Race .
The perfect way to end your weekend in Pine / Strawberry is to get in one last ride in the cool forests of the Rim Country. And the perfect ride is to check out all the trail work that’s been going on in the Pine Strawberry area. There’s a newly redone loop designed with bikes in mind. And wait till you ride the new downhill section of Pine Canyon Trail – it’s CRAZY fun!! Location to meet up will be posted.
Got brilliant ideas or want to volunteer for the event? Contact us!
If you are interested in FOTR, riding the race, volunteering, or being part of the event itself, or have any other questions, please use our contact form. You can also email us directly: